Our new online class is now open!
This is an online self-paced course for medical coders who are looking for their first job in the industry. It focuses on resume writing, networking on LinkedIn and interviewing skills. The course also focuses on keeping an open mind about the different types of jobs available to medical coders.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- An open mind about the different jobs you can do
- A completed resume
- Know the different types of jobs to apply to
- Know where to look for these jobs
- A completed LinkedIn profile
- At least 10 LinkedIn connections
- Know common interview questions and how to answer them
- You will be applying for jobs in the healthcare industry
There are 7 different modules containing editable files, links to articles and videos. These can be completed at your own pace but as a general guideline, it is recommended to complete the course in 3 months or less.
The course also has 1 group Zoom meeting per month (about 30 minutes). This is optional but it is recommended that you join if you can. During this time, you will get to know others taking the course and I can answer any questions you have. I also usually do a quick (5 minute) presentation on job search tips or coding in general.